Tuesday 10 June 2008

Sucess in Singapore

Hi all,


I'm now in Singapore for Singapore Open. I arrived here on saturday, so I've had a few days to adjust to a new time zone and the difference in weather compared to Denmark.
Due to a lot of withdrawals I had a walkover and a bye in the first two rounds of todays qualifying stage meaning I only had to play 1 match to make it to the main draw. After a few games my opponent turned out to be a malaysian called Allan Tai. I won the match 21-16 21-18 and thereby qualified for my first ever Super Series main draw! Even though the scores was kind of close I felt in control throughout the match. I always felt like I could step it up a gear if necessary. The draft in the hall was very strong, definetly not something I'm used to, but I felt like I adapted very well to these conditions.


Tomorrow I will play another malaysian Sairul Amar Ayob (WR28). He is a very good player who has troubled a lot of top ranked players in the past, but he is also a player who every now and then loses to lower ranked opponents. I'm very positive about my chances as I've seen my teammate Jan Ø. Jørgensen beat this guy earlier this year, so I know it's possible. If just I can stay focused and make my own game work I should have a good match on my hands.
My match is on at 16.45 local time and you can follow it live here: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=21955&y=2008&m=6&d=11(livescore on top right corner)
All the best,

HK


(Thanks to badmintonphoto.com for the pictures)

No comments: