Tuesday 21 September 2010

Exciting times!

Time for an update on what's been going on lately and how I'm doing. I promise you this blog won't be as long as the last one :-)

Feeling fit and going to England
I've had some time to settle down and relax after my succes at Bitburger Open, the crazy few days following with emergency landing, leaguematches and pain in my groin. I feel much better again and I'm training with great intensity and motivation at the moment. The injury in my groin was still troubling me last week, but finally all the visits at the physio has paid off as it now feel 100% normal again.

Having no naggering injuries feels great, obviously, and it comes at a good time as I've have long planned to go to Milton Keynes, England for a 3 day training stint this week. Kenneth Jonassen, who is now coaching the English mens singles has invited me over for some matchsparring with Rajiv Ouseph and Carl Baxter, who are both preparing for the Commonwealth Games. I'm really looking forward to it as I'm sure it will be great quality matches. It's good to play some different opponents than what I'm used to at the national centre here in Denmark. Apart from that I also know it has a positive effect on me to get away from the same daily enviroment.
Getting some "fresh air" and a feeling of I'm trying something different is motivational and therefore only healthy for me.
I will leave for England tomorrow (wednesday) morning and return home on friday evening.


A big change
As you might sense from reading the above I'm excited about going to Milton Keynes, but this is not the reason why I chose "Exciting times" as my headline for this blog.
I have just recently bought an apartment, which means I will soon move away from my parents home and into my own place. There's a few things in the apartment we need to fix before then and I'm not in a hurry to move in, but I can safely say I'm eagerly awaiting the first day where I wake up in my very own place. :-)
This is obviously going to be a big change for me as I will have to start cooking my own meals, doing my laundry and all the other everyday stuff. It might take a little while to adjust to "a new life" like that, but as I said, I'm really looking forward to it. It will be absolutely savage! :-)



I also have more news to share with you all, but it will have to wait for another time, now it's time for me to go do some physical training.

But before I go I just want to wish my friend and good competitor Petr Koukal a full and speedy recovery. He has unfortunaly been struck by some very bad luck recently and is now set to fight what can turn out to be a very bad tumour. Petr is one of the nicest guys on the curcuit and he for sure doesn't deserve this, but as we all know him, there is no doubt he is going to fight it and come back stronger than before.
You can read more about his bad luck here.
All the best Petr - hope to see you soon on court!


That will be it for now, but stay tuned on this site and also on my facebook fansite, where I will probably throw in a couple of updates from my stay in England.

/HK

No comments: