Friday 4 April 2008

2 matches, 2 victories

Hi,

Things are really working out for me here in Helsinki! Today I had another splendid day and won both of my matches. I did have some trouble beating Brice Leverdez of France in my 2nd match of the day, but managed to come out on top 21-18 in the decider. You can read a lot more about todays matches in an article I wrote for badzine.info: http://www.badzine.info/content/view/954/
All of this means I'm into the quarterfinals now, where I have to play my compatriot and daily trainingpartner Jan Ø. Jørgensen. It will be a very tough match, but I'm confident I will win it if I can keep my focus throughout the match. Easier said than done, but I believe I can do it...
The pressure tomorrow will be on him as he is, by many, considered to be the next big thing comming out of Denmark and he currently holds a world ranking around 70, which is about 35 spots higher than mine. I don't care too much about my ranking right now though, as I know it would be a lot higher if I had been able to play all year!

We will see how I get on tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to keep up my level of play!

Good night,

HK

2 comments:

Baili Min said...

How much did BadZine pay for your article? lol. You can consider doing a part-time job as a journalist. lol

You can remember your scores so well. I thought players should try to forget the score so that they would not be affected. During practice, I play much better than during a match. I think the most important factor is I am considering the score too much.

By the way, it seems that you ran into ecstatic happiness even after making it pass the first round of the main draw...

Congratulations!

HK said...

Haha they didn't pay me anything and they don't have to, I'm doing it for free as I would like to help them promote their excellent website!

I seem to remember my scores very well, I can even remember scores from games I've played years ago. Don't know why it's like this, it just is :)