Sunday 27 April 2008

4 down, 1 to go!

Hi all,

As most of you probably know by now, yesterday was another great day for me. I won both of my matches after hard fought 3-set games. In the first match of the day I felt very much in control of things throughout the second and third set, even though the scores were pretty close 14-21 21-13 21-17. It was a splendid match all the way through with some very good and long rallies. The match lasted 54 minutes, phew...
My semifinal was a different story. The first set was probably the easiest set I've played so far in the tournament as my opponent made loads of mistakes. Then he really raised his game and made me work very hard for all of my points. It worked out well for him and he forced the match into a decider. I got off to a good start in the third set, but when I was leading 9-6 I suddenly began to make easy mistakes. He won 7 points without a reply, so he was now in a commanding position at 13-9. He kept his lead up until 16-13, then I saved one of his smashed between my legs and ended up winning the rally. This seemed to change the momentum of the game to my side and I managed to wrap it up 21-18. I'm extremely pleased with the mental strenght I have been showing in this tournament, winning some sets and matches were I've been struggling a lot and trailing by quite a margin.

I'm now into the final where I have to play the european based chinese Wu Yunyong. He is a very good player and this will be another tough match for me, but I know I'm both physically and mentally up for it.
I came here to win the titel and that's what I'm going to do!

All the best,

HK

No comments: