Saturday 26 April 2008

1 step closer...

Hi,

Late in the afternoon yesterday I made it into the quarterfinal by beating Kasper Ødum 21-13 22-20. We started off quite even with noone having a bigger lead than 2 points up until 8-7 for him. Then I played a few good rallies while he made some easy mistakes, giving me 7 straight points and a 14-8 lead. I felt very much in control of the game after this and build on the momentum to take the set 21-13. He never seemed like he could find a way through my defence in the first set, which obviously made me very confident going into the second set. This confidence was soon to be tested as the start of the second set was absolutely terrible! I was way to eager to finish off the rallies, not playing with the patience needed to suceed at this level. He got up 6-0 before I got back into my rythm. He did manage to keep a 5-point lead at the interval, but when I levelled it at 11-11 I never really doubted I would win the set... And so I did, winning it on my third set point 22-20.

Today I'm playing another dane, Martin Delfs, who is son of former world champion Flemming Delfs. Martin is not playing a lot of international tournaments, but is very active back in Denmark. I've never played him before, but I think it is a match I should win. Of course it wont be easy, but I believe I can do it and make it (at least) one step further than I did in Finland where I lost in the quarters.

That's it for now, keep comming back here for an update on how I get on today,

HK

2 comments:

Baili Min said...

When I saw this post, you had had made it into the final. :)

szerin said...

Holy cow! You are in the Final!
Keep the form flying!