Saturday 3 May 2008

Going to Asia after all...

Hi all,

After I came back home from my victory in Dutch International I got a phone call from one of the three national coaches we have here in Denmark. He wanted to tell me that they wanted me to go for the Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand Opens in June. Since it was no more than 2 weeks ago I was told not to go as they didn't think I was ready for it, it did surprise me a bit how they had suddenly had changed their minds completely. I didn't ask many questions though, I was just very happy to get the chance to go out there and compete at the highest level. It will be my first time to Asia to participate in tournaments (I've been there for a two-week training camp back in 2004), so I'm sure it will be a great experience for me.

My training the last week has been a bit softer than usual. On monday and tuesday the many matches I played in Holland, in only a little more than 48 hours, was definetly showing as I was feeling very tired in my legs and weren't able to train at 100%. It got better by wednesday, but still I had to wait till friday before I felt perfectly fine again. It's obviously not very good to have four days after a tournament where my level in training is not up to standard and I need to find a way to change this for the future, as I will hopefully play a lot more tournaments where I have to play many matches in few days :)

That's it for now, wish you all the best,

HK

1 comment:

Baili Min said...

It's a shame that I won't be in Asia at that time...
I will have to tolerate the high temperature in St. Louis this summer...
Have fun in Asia during the summer time~~~~

By the way, it seems that you are already a superstar at Badzine, lol