Monday 19 May 2008

New website and Spanish Open!

Hi all,

It's been quite a while since my last update and a few things have happened since then.

First of all I've been spending a lot of time working on a brand new website. I'm still working on a few things as new ideas keeps comming to mind, but the site is pretty much up and running now, so please go have a look at: www.hkvittinghus.com.
It's possible to subscribe for my mailing list on the site, which will give you regular updates on how I get on in the tournaments I play and notify you when I add new interesting content to the site. I hope you all like the website, feel free to comment on it here or use the forum on the site.

Secondly I've been busy preparing Spanish Open, which is to be played this week. Preparing for this event has been slightly different than usually as most of the players at the national training center has been in Jakarta for the last few weeks for the Thomas/Uber Cup finals. An event I just missed out on as I'm currently the 5th choice for the mens singles and only 4 players get to go... These finals did of course attract a lot of attention from the danish federation and therefore all 3 of the national coaches went along with the players to Jakarta. That left me and about 10 other players with the U22 national coach and our technical coach from China for almost 3 weeks. Of the 10 players only 3 (including me) was mens singles players. So I've been training a lot with the same 2 guys for the last 2 weeks, which is not something I'm used to at all. We always like to mix it up a lot amongst the singles group in training. It's good to have players with different playing styles to train with, makes you a lot more prepared for what you can expect at tournament, where you obviously get to play players with various strenghts and weaknesses. With only 3 singles players present mixing it up is kind of hard, but we managed to solve this matter in other ways. We invited a few players who's not usually a part of the training center to join us for some of the sessions. All of the players we invited were very eager to give their best as this is not an everyday opportunity for them to have training at this level. Therefore the level in training has still been very high and I feel well prepared for Spanish Open!

I'm leaving for Madrid on wednesday and playing my first match on friday morning. The draw for me is very reasonable with a qualifier in the first round. If everything goes according to plan and I make it past the first round, I will most likely play Indian champion and fifth seed Chetan Anand (WR 48). This should be a good test for me before going to Asia in June.

That's it for now everyone, but I hope to get back on here before action begins in Madrid to tell you a bit about my expectations for this event.

Thanks for your interest,

HK

No comments: