Thursday 14 February 2008

Undefeated!

Hi all,

Sorry for not updating my blog earlier, but the internet connection at our hotel is the worst ever!
I had my debut on the national team on tuesday evening, playing against Israel. I was to play 3rd mens singles and 1st doubles with Mathias Boe as his regular partner Carsten Mogensen hurt his back a little in the morning. I'm haven't played doubles for ages, so was a bit funny to suddenly get a chance to play on the national squad! Luckily I won both of my matches without breaking too much sweat! I won my singles in only 15 minutes, 21-7 21-6. My doubles lasted a bit longer, having to use 20 minutes and a scoreline of 21-10 21-16. We won the team match 5-0, so it was a nice start to the tournament and a really good debut for me.
Yesterday we didn't have to play, so we did some training for a good hour or so and watched the danish girls play their 2nd group of the tournament. A match they won 5-0 against Belarus.
Tonight we will play Scotland and this time I will only play singles! It will be a tougher challenge than playing Israel as Scotland beat them 4-1 yesterday. So I really look forward to playing a match with a little more intensity.

Follow the scores here (livescore in top right corner, we play at 18.00): http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=18141&y=2008&m=2&d=14

That's it for now,

HK

No comments: