Thursday 20 March 2008

Victory!

Hi all,

Finally I have a victory to report about! :) Last night my club Greve won 4-2 in the first of the 2-legged league final here in Denmark. It was a splendid match and very exciting all the way. The last match was won by a scoreline of 21-17 in the 3rd set! This was a good 20 minutes after I finished off my game to make the score 3-2 for Greve.

I had to play Joachim Fischer, who is playing mixed doubles at international level, but has been playing singles for many years. So far he has been playing very well in the league, so I knew I was up for a tough match considering my recent poor form! Nonetheless I played absolutely outstanding badminton and beat him very easily, 21-10 21-16. For the first time since I got back from my injury I felt like everything was working out for me. Obviously a fantastic feeling! Still a few things to improve on, but I was very close to the level of play I showed back in august where I played so well. This match definetly gives me a lot of belief in myself again, which is maybe one thing I've been missing in my latest matches! It also gives me a lot of motivation to keep working hard in training as I now see it does pay off!! Oh it feels so good to finally be back! :)

My easter will be spent at home where I will be busy training. I'll also try to find some time for visiting some of my friends that I haven't seen in a while, as well as I'll use a few hours along with my family.

Happy easter to you all,

HK

3 comments:

HK said...

Thank you :)

szerin said...

Glad to read HK! :) Keep up the form!

HK said...

I will try my best ;)