Friday 25 April 2008

A perfect start...

Hi everyone,

My quest for the title here in Holland got off to a perfect start as I won my first round match against fifth-seed Vladislav Druzchenko (WR62) 21-18 21-11 in just 23 minutes. The first set was pretty tight all the way, but when I was down 17-15 I managed to put together a nice streak of 4 points to make it 19-17 for me and eventually wrap it up 21-18. In the second set I got off to a flying start, dictating the pace in every rally. My opponent didn't have any answers and I was quickly 11-3 in front. After the break at 11, I was on "cruise control" for the victory and won the set 21-11 without spending too much energy.
A very nice match to start off with and a good win. Any player ranked inside the worlds top 70 is a good player, so winning by such a clear margin is very satisfying! Hopefully I can keep it up in my second round match against my compatriot Kasper Ă˜dum. I've played him a few times, but our last encounter is dating back to november 2006. Back then I beat him and went on to win the tournament, so let's all hope I can repeat this feat! :)

Hope you are all doing well,

HK

1 comment: