Monday 21 April 2008

Time to refocus!

Hi all,

It's now been more than a week since my last update, so it's about time to fill you all in on how things are progressing.

Last week was a bit frustrating for me as I was unable to train for a couple of days due to illness. Nothing serious, just an old fashioned cold! I'm still a bit snotty, but I'm able to train again with no problems at all. Another thing that made last weeks training poor was the fact I seemed to be missing my motivation. That's due to a lot of things: Missing out on the Europeans, the Thomas cup finals and a trip to asia this summer. All of this was a hard one to swallow. Not participating in the big events is never fun, but being told I'm not going for Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand Open this june was the biggest dissapointment. It's the coaches decision and I don't completely agree in it, but I do accept it. One thing is certain, I have now put all of this behind me and has refocused on my upcomming tasks. I'm fully motivated again, giving it a 100% in training and really trying my best to be positive about things.

Next up for me is the Victor Dutch International, which is to be played this week. My draw is pretty tough as I have fifth seed ukrainian Vladislav Druzhenko in the first round. I've never played him before, but he's definetly a tough opponent as he has been performing consistently on the european tour this year. If I should manage to get past this first hurdle, next up will probably be my compatriot Kasper Ă˜dum. Kasper was ranked inside the worlds top 30 about 6 months ago, but is now out of top 100. Obviously not the best of seasons for him, but he has not been very active playing tournaments lately, so that will have to take some of the blame for his loss of form. Again not an easy task, I will for sure have my work cut out on day 1 of the competition! I will just have to focus on keeping my form from Finland a few weeks ago and maybe even improve a bit on it. Then I'm sure my chances of making it through the first two rounds are very good! I'm really looking forward to this tournament, hopefully it will be another step back in the direction of regaining my position amongst the worlds top 50 shuttlers...

My flight for Netherlands is on thursday afternoon, so I still have a few days of training and preparation ahead of me. I hope to get back on here before departure to keep you posted on how my preparations have been going, so stay tuned folks...

All the best,
HK

1 comment:

Baili Min said...

Take it easy:)

Do you see how ZHOU Mi has been playing after she joined the Hong Kong team? At first she didn't completely recovered, so she started with some "minor" tournaments, then one by one, from playing in qualifying rounds to winning titles of major events including one super series. (It's a shame that she can't play in this Olympics in Beijing...)