Tuesday 5 February 2008

What a way to get back at it!

Hi all,

I won my match last night and so did the team. We beat the 4th ranked team in the league with a score of 4-2 which means we are now very close of a spot in the final. If the match tonight between the league leaders and no. 3's turns out in favor of the leaders (as everyone predict) we will be ensured a place in the final against this team, no matter the outcome of our last league match. So keep your fingers crossed and root for BS København to beat Team Aarhus tonight!:-)

Back to my game, I had a decent game were I won with the score of 21-15 21-19. Not the best I've ever played, but no wonder after 4 months with no competitive action! I started off a bit slow, but soon got the feeling of it and went into the break 11-9 up. After a little chat with my teammate and coach, Kenneth Jonassen, I quickly build on my advantage and took a 17-11 and 20-12 lead. He saved the first 3 setpoints, but I finally managed to wrap it up 21-15.
In the 2nd set I had a very poor start comitting lots of unforced errors, especially my attacking game was lacking in precision. It made me lose a bit of my confidence and he was suddenly up 7-3. But I got myself together, played it more safe and made him work harder for his points. The effect of my new tactics was pretty obvious as I got back in front at 10-9. I kept control of the match with a 17-13 lead, but a few easy mistakes from my side and a good fighting spirit from my opponent allowed him to tie it up at 17 all. Again I regained my focus and played a few good points were I pushed him around the court which gave me 2 matchpoints at 20-18. He saved the first, but I hit a beautiful smash right down the line on the next one and the celebration could begin!

It really meant a lot to both me, my teamates and the club to win this one as the guy who took over for me during my period of injury, didn't live up to expectations and lost a few close matches. It has been costly for the team as we lost a few points in the league, so it was really nice to show everyone that I'm back and we can now again rely on winning the very important 2nd mens singles.

Still 1 thing is more important than everything I mentioned above: I didn't have any pain whatsoever in my knee during the match. Nothing to report today either, even though the rest of my body is a bit sore. It's hard, but fun, to get back on court!

Hope you are all keeping well,

HK

2 comments:

szerin said...

Hey! Read your profile.. Compelled to suggest that....

Diehard 1,2 and 3 are better than DH4.. My honest thought.. :)

HK said...

Good to hear from you again.

Actually I'm not sure I have ever seen Die Hard 1, 2 and 3! But it sounds like that's a big mistake :) No. 4 is definetly great, so if the other 3 is even better, I really should see them. Thanks for the tip ;-)

(I have posted an answer to your comment on my previous blogpost)